Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

It is no secret that I have hated the day of Valentine for years.  It was cursed for many years, peaking the year that I found out my college boyfriend was cheating on me with my best friend.  Not the most happy memory to associate with hearts and roses.  Timehop reminded me of my thoughts on Valentine's Day two years ago:


I think the Valentine's Day curse is broken and not only because I have a valentine that isn't four legged.  Even though I'm in love I still am not fully on board with the whole Valentine's Day thing.  I don't think that we should have to buy things for each other and do extravagant gestures to show we're in love one day a year.  The single people of the world shouldn't have to panic every February 14th because they are deficient.  You can be just as happy single as paired up and it shouldn't have to express your love one day a year by spending money.

That being said, it is hard to avoid.  I do love chocolate... especially those damn chocolate dipped strawberries.  Course I don't need a man to get those for me.  I do have a man though so we did celebrate.  Last year we didn't do anything because I was out of town.  This year, we celebrated early and went out to dinner last night.  Dinner was followed by a serious relationship talk to calm my crazy.  I am a lucky girl to have found such a love.

Jake is also the first guy to be better at the whole gift thing than me.


Pretty pretty pretty!

So Happy Valentine's Day one and all.  I hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you are doing.

Oh and most importantly, remember that tomorrow is Half Priced Chocolate Day!  By far better than Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment