Friday, November 1, 2013

November- The Month of Thanks

November- the month of thanks.
Most of you who know me, know I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving the day.  First of all, I double the first Thanksgiving went down in such a lovey dove, let's-be-friends way.  Let's not forget the settling of European s in America wasn't exactly friendly.
Second, I don't like to eat that much.  I don't like eating until the point where I feel like I'm going to throw up.  I eat, I get full and I stop eating.  No need to push it.  Honestly I'd rather graze than sit down and eat a meal.  So having this huge meal of all these great foods I love is torture.  I have to eat tiny portions of everything and it kind of defeats the point.  Then for the rest of the week you can't eat anything but Thanksgiving food.  It just throws everything out of wack.
Third, I don't like cooking that much.  And I really don't like cooking just because I'm a woman, which I do feel like is an expectation for some people.  Hey, maybe I'd rather watch football despite my gender.
Anyway, that's all beside the point.  Whether or not I like Thanksgiving itself, I think it is a good thing to remember and acknowledge everything in life you are lucky to have and that you're thankful for.  So this month, I'm doing that.
In no particular order I'm going to highlight things and people I am thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment