Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter Happiness

It's a lovely wintry day here in Colorado.  It's been a bit ping pong weather lately but that's Colorado for you.  We got about 4 or 5 inches of snow.  I'm snuggled up on the couch with a cup of coffee, a cat on my lap and two dogs snuggled up next to me.  I couldn't be happier.

In general, I couldn't be happier.  Life is so good right now.  A year ago yesterday I told Jake I loved him and that's even more true today.  We got to sleep in this morning and snuggle.  We're goofy and weird together, which I love because I don't have to hide my quirks. I've also never felt safer and more taken care of than I do with him.  I love the life we have together and I can't wait to get to do more and more things with Samuel.

Although I'm not super thrilled with work at the moment but it is what it is.  I'm getting used to that.  You have a give and take with a job like this.  I am looking forward to being able to quit and go full time with House of Dog Training.  I am so happy to have gotten away from LD.  I knew I was unhappy there but I didn't know just how much of a strangle hold it had on me until I was out of there.  There are still some lingering attachments there that I think I would be happy without but hopefully as soon as House of Dog Training can take a more active roll in the rescue things will get better.  I can't wait to take a more active roll in the rescue.  I feel bad that I have been so removed from it but I have to keep my mental health in mind and I will not compromise with that.

Health is on going.  I do cheat a little eating but I've been doing pretty well.  I don't eat fast food anymore.  I haven't had a soda in over a month.  I am back to doing a protein smoothie a day where I get all my veggies and fruit.  I went for a three mile run the other day and took yesterday off.  I was going to go for another run today but it snowed so we'll go to the gym later when Jake gets home from work.

Overall, I love my life.  I knew that happiness was in the cards for me.  I'm so glad I kept that in mind and worked for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment