Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Finally an Auntie! (Post from the past)

Promised I would catch up on past posts.  So here's one I started back in June about my nephew and godson!



Leon is finally here.  After a hard labor, my nephew finally came on June 2, 2015.

My poor sister had 36 hours of labor over several days.  Labor would start then stop and start and stop.  When it finally came down to it, she got an epidural that made the lower half of her body go numb to where she couldn't even move.  Every time they did move her, Leon's heart rate would plummet.  She would push and throw up and his heart rate would have to recover.  He just didn't want to leave his momma but eventually he didn't have the choice and they did a c section.

I was at work at the time and immediately left to rush to the hospital.  We waited but finally Leon was here!  He had to go to the NICU for several days so Jak could only take a few of us at a time to visit but it was so worth it.  What a precious baby!  I might be biased but I thought he was perfect and I couldn't help but tickle his toes.

His lungs weren't as good as they could have been so he was on oxygen for the first month or so.  Then he has had issues putting on weight and growing along with some digestive issues.  He certainly has been keeping his mom and dad on their toes but I think he's finally getting so much better.

It has been so much fun watching him grow and develop a personality.  Sometimes he loves me, sometimes he doesn't.  Sometimes he just wants his momma.  Certainly a momma's boy.  Sometimes he makes me really want a baby and sometimes I'm so glad I can give him back.  I can't wait to see him grow up!

I could post hundreds of pictures of him all day but here are a few.  Probably the cutest baby ever.















He takes after his aunt!

Crawling boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment