Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hearts!

Happy Valentine's Day!  Caution, gushing ahead!

I think my man like's to out do me.  We say small gifts, he goes big and thoughtful.  Can't complain though.  I love him all the more for it.

We celebrated Valentine's Day on Friday night.  I happened to have Friday off so we went to a movie during the day.  I have to say, Deadpool may not be a romantic movie but it was good.  Violent but enjoyable.  I like that it wasn't your average superhero movie.  Not that there is anything wrong with those but sometimes you just need the smart ass comments to make life more entertaining.

After the movie we had a nice dinner out at a chophouse around town.  We both got a little dressed up, which is fun to do from time to time.  Then my hubby surprised me with a night at a cute little bed and breakfast down in Old Colorado City that I had no idea was there.  Sweet little room with champagne, a hot tub and chocolate covered fruit.  I wouldn't say my hubby is a romantic guy all the time but when he needs to he can really treat me to a night of much needed romance.

So yes, he once again out did me.  I got him personalized M&Ms (because I've always wanted to do that), a new bottle of the bbq sauce we discovered when we were in New Orleans, and new sweatpants (purely selfish on my part because I hated his old ratty ones).  Someday, I'm going to win in the gift category.  Someday.

I'm more and more in love with this man every time I see him.  Muah!



No comments:

Post a Comment