Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Life Changes

I have left my beloved Colorado for the new and different North Carolina.  Jake is stationed here and needless to say I wasn't overly pleased about it in the beginning.  We left Colorado, by far the best state, on July 18th and made it here on the 21st.  That was a long three day drive behind Jake in the UHaul with truck and motorcycle in tow.  Not nearly the fun road trip I envisioned but when you have all of your belongings in a truck and animals in the car you can't really stop and smell the roses if you know what I mean.  We just pushed on through.

Luckily we were smart in that we closed on our house the day we got here.  Not so lucky in that in North Carolina you don't get your keys right away, which is the stupidest thing in the world if you ask me.  We were not pleased.  But it all ended well.  We have a house that is perfect for us.  Good kitchen, good yard, three bedrooms.  Unpacking and getting everything just so was my mission.  A mission that I completed as soon as I could.  Completely done.  Well, mostly done.  The garage is the one we have to tackle next.  So help me I will get rid of all the boxes.  They bother me.  No more boxes for three years when we have to pack up and do this whole thing again.

Did have a job.  Hated the job.  Quit the job.  Need to find a new job.  *sigh*  That front sucks.

Jake needs knee surgery.  Hopefully they invent cyborg parts before he fully falls apart.  I love him so and would like to keep him for as long as I can.  He got the go ahead to get that done as soon as possible so we're waiting for the doctor to call back so we can get the surgery scheduled.

North Carolina isn't really so bad.  Up in the mountains... "mountains" was very nice.  We spent our anniversary up there enjoying the cooler weather without humidity.  If there is one thing I would completely get rid of it would be humidity.  It's torture.  Humidity and mosquitoes.  Wipe those off the map please.  My first act when I become a God.  The beach was fun and I really really need to go back there.  So basically, I like North Carolina except for Fayetteville.  Fayetteville is the Pueblo of North Carolina, which is a reference that people from Colorado will get.  Basically it sucks here.  Not a great town.  But if we get out of town, it's not so bad.

We got dirt bikes.  I finally get to learn how to ride and hopefully I won't kill myself in the process.  Or give Jake a heart attack.  We got brave and took the bikes to the mountains and attempted to ride.  Maybe bit a little more off than I could chew seeing as it was my third time on the bike.  I can't wait to get good enough to fly up the mountain.  It will be fun to ride with my hubby and get his friends out with us.  I look forward to it.

I've been having some fun doing prompts with Kathleen.  It feels great to open up that door again and write.  I've been stifling that side of me and it needs to get out more.  Creativity is a good thing.

Speaking of creativity, I'm having fun with clay too.  I make the gosh darndest cutest things.  I am on a Pokemon kick to sell to the other kiddies downtown eventually.

Well, love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment