Monday, April 23, 2012

Gerani's Birthday!

Gerani!  
Gerani is 12 years old today!  A little less than 12 years ago my mom drove me up to Denver to pick up a puppy from the airport.  She was born in California and sent to Colorado at 2 months old.  My first puppy, Jonas, was a huge black lab puppy with giant gangly feet.  But not this puppy.  I opened the crate to find this tiny puppy that was SO fluffy.

Gerani was more of a timid puppy.  She didn't like our trips to the fire house to meet firemen in their full gear or the trips to the farm to meet cows and horses.  When we flew to California she was a perfect angel on the plane.  She also tolerated going to Lego Land and the dog beach, although she refused to dirty herself by getting in the water.  She came back to me from CCI because she was too much of a princess.  I can't say I was surprised.  And when I saw her get off the plane the second time, I knew I was keeping her.

Thank you, Gerani, for a wonderful 12 years with you!  Here's to 12 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment