Monday, April 30, 2012

Coffee Thoughts

If you didn't guess, I'm a coffee lover.  I love having that first cup of coffee in the morning where you can leisurely sip it and the ratio of coffee and cream is just perfect.  Mmm mmm.  Crazily enough I used to hate coffee until I went to Europe.  Coffee is a staple in many European countries like France and Italy.  Also, Italian espresso is a kick in the pants compared to American coffee.  Since I was a recovering insomniac when I was in Europe, I gravitated toward the caffeine.  That was the best caffeine available and I got hooked on coffee.  Thank you, you crazy Italians.

But can you blame me?  Coffee, especially when done right, is one of life's many joys.  Especially when your ass is dragging and you need that umph to get your brain functioning.  My brain requires at least one cup of umph to become human.  Normally, it's more like two to four.  Yes yes, judge me you non caffeine addicted people.  You're just missing out.

Although I can drink coffee in almost any form, I do prefer it with a touch of cream or Coffee Mate.  I love Coffee Mate.  I do have a complaint though.  Why do they take away the Christmasy flavors?  What rule is there that I can't enjoy some peppermint coffee all year round?  I don't think the big man in the red suit would be offended if I did.  So why do I only get the pepperminty goodness in the winter?  My summer coffee is lacking in comparison.  Upon further reflection, this might be another reason I dislike summer so.  Now is that fair I ask you?  So called "holiday flavors" should be good all year round!  Thus concludes my rant.

This morning I've had two lovely cups of french vanilla coffee.  I'm feeling as though I can face the day now.  At least enough to get dressed and go to work with  minimal complaint and sorrow.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment