Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring is in the Air!

Spring is in the air!  I'm a self proclaimed winter lover.  I love the snow; I love it when it is so cold out that your nose freezes.  But on days like this I do have to admit that I love the spring too.

I love it when the sun is shining but it isn't blazing hot.  If there is a gentle breeze that's enough to cool you off it's perfect.  I love the smell of fresh earth with new plants sprouting.  The trees come alive again with little buds and perfect young leaves.  Blossoms on the trees are so beautiful and they give off just enough perfume.  Or maybe it's a lot of perfume, I don't actually know because I have a very sad sense of smell.  The first flowers like fresh tulips are a splash of color in Colorado where our normal colors are brown and brownish green.  I never realized how much I like tulips but when they appear in the spring it makes me smile.

Right outside my door is this tall bush.  I never really thought about it before except that sometimes its branches tap on my window and scares the living daylights out of me.  But this spring it has bloomed with beautiful purple pink blossoms.  The other day I was leaving for work and while rushing out the door I caught a whiff of the perfume.  I literally paused and just breathed it in. 

It reminded me that in this topsy turvy world, you have to take a minute and smell the roses.  So thank you Springs, for giving me that perfect moment.


Right outside my door.

Stolen from my friend Kathleen.  But it's so pretty and embodies Spring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment