Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Color Run

I haven't posted this sooner because my camera was at my parents' house and I kept putting off driving over there to get it.  And I needed to post with my photos.

Anyway, two Saturdays ago I participated in the Colorado Springs Color Run 2012.  What is a color run you might ask.  A color run is a run where you hate yourself a little less because they're throwing color on you and it's fun.  The hating yourself part is me.  I hate running.  I don't think my body produces endorphins because I never get that feeling where my body is happy and I feel like a job well done.  I just hate myself... the... whole... time...  It rather sucks.  Even when I did Cross Country in high school I hated every step.  The only reason I ran was because my dad loves to run and my marathon grandpa was dying.  I much prefer running and exercising while doing something else like playing soccer.  That way my mind is busy doing something and my body can't complain quite as loudly.  So I hate running but I did it.  And they did throw color on me.  And it did make it more fun.

I didn't necessarily think we would be RUNNING running so I didn't bother to train for it since I'm lazy.  So Saturday the 11th rolled around and I hadn't run even one kilometer since... forever.  And then we ran.  RAN ran.  Yeah I think if the color hadn't been so fun I would have probably died.

Every kilometer you hit a color station and these people throw clouds of color you.  The color isn't liquid; it's more this sticky powder stuff.  It sticks on you and it tastes mostly like chalk.  Some people did get it full in the face but I'm glad my face stayed mostly clear.  Spitting blue for an hour isn't exactly the fun part.

After the run you can get in the big mob in front of the DJ stand to dance and be silly.  We did a little of that but since my legs were physically rebelling against me, I mostly wanted to sit and cheer other runners in.  We did do the color cloud where everyone throws their packets of color up but only once.  My lungs didn't really need to be multicolored.  But we had to do it at least once.  It looks cooler from the outside anyway.

So yes, the Color Run was lots of fun.  I am actually going to train a bit for it next year so I can enjoy it more instead of crying about my poor poor body.  Oh and being horribly sore for days after was not as fun after the color washed out.

PICTURES!

Clean and pristine!

Still feeling good!
Dying... dying... dying...

DONE!  I look pretty steady!

Colorful ladies!

Color cloud!

Loads of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment