Thursday, March 6, 2014

Goodbye to something

Announcement:  I've decided to pull out of one side of training.  I am leaving Central training and the Levels program.  I'm not interested in it anymore and it feels like I am just drawing out a long death.  I decided to work with dogs because I believe in doing what you enjoy instead of what can make you lots of money.  If that's really what I believe then I need to be true to that.  I no longer enjoy training at Central.  The whole reason I've been doing it for so long is because I am loyal.  I am loyal to people I love and I love both Astrid and Angie.  However, this is not fair to me.  And it certainly isn't fair to them.  So... I'm out.

I'm not sure how to feel about it but mostly this is a good thing.  You have to let go of things that don't make you happy anymore.  People who really care about you will understand.  Besides, I have Jake now and I want to spend more time with him.  Life isn't just about working anymore.  I want to be able to have a social life and stop working myself to death.  Is this the right choice?  It might be hard but I think that it will work itself out in the end.

That being said I have decided to stay at South, even if it is a bit toxic down there.  I went down and had a meeting with the manager today.  I want to change that area upstairs into my training area so I spent several hours today pulling things out and cleaning it. The area is so junked and cluttered that I am rather embarrassed to train there so that needs to chance.  I've been asking for help with it for months but really I need to just make the decision to do it myself and stop trying to get these people to help out.  It's not going to happen.

There are a lot of big changes happening at LD that I am not going to go into here.  Let's just say things that I was told were never going to change are.  We've changed up management a bit and I'm actually pleased with that.  Maybe things can actually change for the better if we can get the ball rolling now.  Who knows?  I know that I am glad things are happening finally.  I need to stop making excuses for things that I do not like and do not make me happy anymore.

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment