Thursday, April 24, 2014

Motorcycle Racing

Because I am awesome and my man is too, I went with him to a track day to learn how to ride and race his motorcycle last weekend.  We went up to Denver for his class then we headed out to the track east of Denver for the day.  I basically spend the day just hanging out and probably making it pretty clear I know nothing about motorcycles.  It was fun watching them race though.  I think Jake had a pretty good time.

I found out that I am pretty terrible at getting pictures or video of a moving motorcycle.  It's harder than you think when the sun is so bright that you can't see the screen of your phone.  I got a lot of great pictures of the sky and grass.  Then a few of Jake riding.  See:















He seems to be having fun.  He has a black motorcycle with a white/black suit.

Some learning with his instructor.

Checking tire pressure.

And some tidbits of video:


All in all it was a fun time.  I did get a nice sunburn on my face but Jake didn't crash and die so I think that's an alright trade off.  A lot more people crashed than I thought, though luckily the ambulance only went out once and she was alright.  It was a much longer day than I thought it was going to be so I did win some girlfriend points but I was happy to be there.  Kind of made me want to get a bike and get on the track myself.  Of course, I might be too nervous.  Still, I jumped out of an airplane so I could probably handle it.

Maybe someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment