Thursday, April 10, 2014

National Sibling Day!

Today is National Sibling Day!  Happy National Sibling Day to my lovely siblings!

As much as I think siblings are an awesome thing to celebrate and I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have them, it makes me wonder who comes up with these dedications.  Tomorrow is National Pet Day, which I can fully support.  However, yesterday was National Cherish an Antic Day... who came up with that one?  This month we will also be celebrating National Blah Blah Blah Day (April 17th), National Pigs in a Blanket Day (April 24th) and National Cubicle Day (April 28th).  Wonder if this is actually someone's job?  How did this catch on?  Who said May 12th will be National Otometer Day?  Come on now...

Anyway, that was off topic.  National Sibling Day!

I have always said that I am so glad that I have siblings.  Siblings teach you important things like the support of family and always having someone to play with.  They also teach you how to share mostly because they take things from you, how to handle bullying and the fine art of snitching or working together to outsmart the parental unit, depending on how the day goes.  I'm very glad to have grown up with two bothers and a sister.  Who else will completely understand the game Swamp or Oompa Loompas?  Who else will remember the sheer agony of the four way time out in the dining room?  Or the suspense of creeping around a dark house during Monster?

I would be hard pressed to find three other people in this word that I love more than my siblings.  I'd do anything for them.  Love!








No comments:

Post a Comment