Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day

Many people think Memorial Day is about celebrating our country or supporting the military.  It has become a day where people do red white and blue things.  It is a day to celebrate our country and support the military, though we should be doing that everyday.  More importantly, Memorial Day is a day to remember those brave citizens that sacrificed everything in the line of duty for this country.  We are free but freedom isn't free.  Someone had to sacrifice.  Someone laid down their life for that freedom.  We should thank them and their families everyday but most especially on Memorial Day.

I spent the day wondering around Territory Days with Caitlin.  Street fairs area always good fun.  This one was especially good because I got to see my man all dressed up in his military blues.  He was serving on the Color Guard holding the Army flag and he looked good.  Poor guy must have been hot but still... he looked good.  I'm proud of him.  I am proud of my soldier and I love him.  I also hope that I never have to remember him on Memorial Day.









No comments:

Post a Comment