Wednesday, May 2, 2012

APDT Blog Possibility

So the APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers), of which I am a member, are launching a new blog.  The blog is going "aimed specifically at dog trainers and behavior consultants or those who want to follow this career path".  It is supposed to cover "topics of interest to the professional community."  That is kind of broad for me to pin down exactly what to write but I'm VERY interested.  I am a writer at heart and I miss doing it as much as I did when I was in school.  This would really be the perfect mesh of both halves of my life, dogs and writing/literature.  It would be an incredible experience.  Plus it would get my name out there, which is super important.

So I am thinking I should apply.  But that makes me nervous.  I have to apply with possible topics and provide writing samples.  Now writing samples I have.  When I was in college in Boulder I wrote freelance for the Colorado Daily newspaper.  I wrote articles featuring independent businesses.  I had a lot of fun with them and I don't think they were terrible.  I can use those as writing samples.

But are they good enough?  Which is best?

Here they are:


Articles

Okay I know that's kind of awkward but that's the easiest way to do it.

So which one/s are good?  Can I use any of them?

Also, what topics should I choose?

Just one more thing to tackle.  I feel like the list is getting bigger and bigger.  Never ending list I need to get done to get my feet under myself for training.

No comments:

Post a Comment