Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Under Contract!

I'm behind on posting again.  That does seem to happen.

Big news anyway.  As most of you know, I am under contract on a house.  FINALLY!  This has not been an easy or short process.  I made offers on... three houses for a total of 5 offers before I found this one.  It's a cute little two bedroom house that needs some tender loving care.  I like the area; in fact it is less than a block from one of the other houses I put an offer on is.

I admit when I first saw it I was like "hell no."  It requires work... a lot of work.  I so wanted a house I could just move in to.  I love my brother and adore him even more for letting me stay with him but I want my own space.  I'm sure he's thinking the same thing.

What needs to be done?
  • New Furnace as the house does not currently have heat.
  • All New Electrical so the house doesn't burn down once I buy it.
  • Redone Kitchen because I can't even bare the thought of using it right now.  The refrigerator is in the laundry room at the moment and pretty much ever inch of the kitchen is unusable.
  • Plumbing in the bathroom could use updating.
  • Floors need to be resanded and polished and the carpet in one bedroom needs to be replaced.
  • Gutters are a nice thing to have in working order.
  • The Front Stoop is a little rickety.
  • Wood Fencing is important with my dogs.  On that note the whole backyard needs to be picked up.
  • Paint is always a must.
  • A Million Little Things that I'm sure I'll be completely overwhelmed with later.

Man, looking at that now I'm wondering why I went for this house.  Because it sure will be cute when I'm finished with it.  We close October 5th.  Then I'll have a home.  Though I won't be able to move in for another month or two.  Still, not enjoying the homeless thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment