Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life is a playground bully

I kind of feel as though Life is a playground bully.  I'm getting really tired of having what I want dangled in front of me then getting it yanked away.  Especially when that leaves a whole lot up in the air and unsettled.  I'm a fairly easy going person but I like to have my space all settled.  When that is gone I get fairly stressed out.

So you can imagine I'm fairly stressed out at the moment.  My foundation of home is fractured at the moment.  I had to be out of the Manitou house at the end of August.  It was sad to go but even worse because I didn't have a place of my own TO go.  I'm not on the street or anything but I had hoped to have my own house lined up.  Life has been pretty cruel about that though.  I haven't built up enough house hunting karma apparently.

The end of August rolled around (which by the way did August go by SUPER fast or what?) and my life is in upheaval.  Most of my belongings are at my parents' house.  Some is with me at my brother's house.  My dogs are with me.  My cat is with my parents.  And my sanity is gone.  Ug.  Just being so spread out is stressful.  Again, I depend a lot on having my own space to come home to for sanity.  I've always been a little protective of my space and a things and I'm also a bit of a homebody.  I feel like I've been tossed into the ocean and only have what I was able to paddle to and grab.  It's really not that bad.  My things are all safe and I have a roof over my head.  My brother has been very gracious and my parents are spoiling Theo rotten so I don't really have a lot to complain about.  Still...  meh!

Here's what's going on with the house situation.  I put an offer in on the house downtown that I loved and it was accepted.  I did a little dance when I heard that you can imagine.  That was on a Friday.  However, for some reason the seller said that they couldn't sign until Monday.  That was a little sketchy but I was so excited I didn't think much about it.  Monday rolled around and we didn't hear anything from the seller or agent.  Waited... waited... waited...  Nothing.  Then I got worried.  I nagged the crap out of my own agent and we finally heard that the seller had spent the weekend looking at other offers even though they had already accepted mine.  Well they ended up counter offering one of those offers and went under contract there.  Assholes.

That really upset me and we're going to put in a complaint with the ethical board because my agent was pretty sure that the listing agent was double dipping, getting one of his buyers under contract with his seller.  Just a real jerk thing to do.  It didn't help that the house stayed on the website my agent made for me that pulls all the houses currently listed for sale in the city.  At first I was pretty sure it was just tormenting me but it didn't change from "Active".  Finally I asked my agent to look into that and it turned out that they'd chased off the buyer they'd screwed me over for.  Not surprising because I already know they're jerks.  Being jerks, they got greedy and are now asking for an as is offer, meaning they are no longer going to fix the roof.  And they're not going any lower than the price they've listed.

As much as I don't like those people, I want that house.  I love that house.  So we just put in another offer on it.  The chance of getting it is small because they know we were mad after their previous treatment and I can't guarantee that those people are at all sane or honorable.  But, if we lose out this time I'll know I made every effort and hopefully can move on better.  I've been hung up on that house for a while and been uninterested in looking at anything else.  If I lose out I'll know I went as far as I was willing to go with that and hopefully something else will catch my eye eventually.

It's just... a headache.  Buying a house is a headache.  Moving is a headache.  It is all a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment