Friday, May 3, 2013

A blessed two week experience

Time to go home!

I have to confess, even though this has been a wonderful experience, I am so ready to go home.  I miss my babies terribly.  Two weeks is a long time to be without them.  Part of me wishes I had brought them but I know they're probably happier at home.  Caitlin says Whitman pines for me.  I know Gerani is far to proud and independent to let it show but I like to believe she's pining a little for me too.

Anyway, I haven't posted a whole lot about the experience I've had because I wanted to let it sink in.  I have a lot to think about and didn't want to broadcast it yet.  I will say...


  • The dogs here are so special and blessed to be here.  A lot of them need a lot of work and really understanding potential homes but it is a great thing that Best Friends does here.  I have especially loved working with the Michael Vick dogs (may he rot in hell for what he did to them).
  • The people who work here have incredible hearts and are my kind of people.  Animal people recognize something beautiful in each other's souls.
  • I greatly respect the mission of Best Friends.  No more homeless pets is a wonderful goal.
  • Although I fit in really well with a lot of the animal people, I am not quite as "crazy" about it.  For example, I smash spiders.  Sorry, I just do and I admit it.  I don't think that makes me any less of an animal lover but I definitely did not feel like I should admit that out loud.
  • As much as I love Best Friends and this beautiful area, I still have a question mark over whether or not I can live in Kanab.
  • I really enjoyed meeting the people of Best Friends but... there were some things I was not overly impressed with.

I have a lot to think about, not everything I am going to post on here yet.  For now, it is time to head home.  I'm going to make the drive tomorrow all in one go.  Hopefully I can do it because I want to see my doggies!

I am so blessed to have had this experience.  Thank you all for telling me I should go for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment