Sunday, June 9, 2013

Put in the effort

There's no excuse not to be happy in life.  If you want a change, make a change.  If you want to be a different person, then make strides to be a different person.  None of us knows truly what we want 100% of the time nor how to get from point A to point B without tripping a couple of times.

What really pisses me off is when people won't get out of their own way and do the work to be the change they want to see.  Quit bitching and griping until you actually try to do something.  If you're not willing to do something yourself then you can't really expect someone else to do it for you.  Or listen to you complain about how things aren't changing.

And it's not like you have to change who you are or completely take a different path overnight.  Do something small.  I just, arg.  It's been something I've wanted to say for a long time.

I try to live up to that as much as possible in my own life.  I don't expect handouts.  I don't expect people to put up with me if I'm not doing something for myself.  I do things my own way.  Maybe that's not always the best way and maybe that doesn't mesh well with others all the time but that's the only way I know how to do things.

I'm making an effort in my life.  Maybe not the way you would but it's the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment