Sunday, July 21, 2013

Exercising!

I'm spending this Sunday mostly at work.  I went for a run this morning and it kind of hurt but I managed 3.52 miles.  Ran from my house almost all the way down to Uintah St.  I am still really loving this Zombie app.  It does a good job easing you into it and making sure you're not running for too long without acknowledgement.  This week I was doing a regiment of 5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 1 minute run/1 minute walk/10 knee lifts (repeating those walking and running drills 5 times), 8 minute run, 2 minute stretching and then another 8 minute run.  For some reason today I had a stitch in my side but I worked on my breathing and ran through it.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  I was going to take today off of running but yesterday Kathleen and I went out to run and there was a 10k going on using our trail.  So I skipped yesterday and ran today instead.

Tomorrow I get to rest then I start my next running regiment.  I will be doing 5 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, 10 knee lifts/1 minute slow walk/1 minute fast walk (repeat 5 times), 1 minute walk/ 30 second run (repeat 5 times), and 15 minute run.  That's going to be fun.  I hope the story continues to be good.

I bullied Kathleen into running too because my goal is to hike a 14er.  I know she would love hiking a mountain so I bullied her into getting into shape so she can do it with me.  We'll see.  If she decides she doesn't want to then I'll be hiking this mountain alone.  I guess I can bully Geoff into hiking with me if worst comes to worst.

Went out and saw RIPD last night and it was actually pretty good.  I thought maybe it would be too much like a Men In Black throwback but it was cute on its own.  Ryan Renolds is a good looking guy let me tell you.  Then we went out for ice cream at iTopit.  It has been a while since I've been there.  That place always makes me feel like a child again, happily clutching my bowl and dazzled by all the toppings.  Good times.  

You know what sucks about Sunday?  I don't have it off.  I really should get dressed and get ready for work.  Blah.  Don't want to work at the location I am at today.  It's so whiny up there.  Oh well.  It's a paycheck right?  I should be grateful for the work.  That's what I need to keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment