Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

This is a great country.  I love this country.  I don't understand people who aren't patriotic and who don't understand how lucky we are to live here and enjoy such wonderful freedoms.  I am proud to be an American!  God bless the USA!

This year, crazily enough, CS had fireworks.  You wouldn't think that we'd have them because of two bad fires in the last two years.  But we got a lot of rain recently which has been incredible so I guess the fire danger was lower.  Still no personal fireworks but there were four shows for us to enjoy.  Kathleen and I drove up the hill on Fillmore and were surprised to see the fireworks at Garden of the Gods go off.  I thought they were canceled but it was a nice little show.




Of course there are some idiots out there that were setting off bottle rockets.  I did call the cops on them and I hope people got arrested.  Selfish asshole people.  Several pops went off in my neighborhood and next thing I know is Whitman is in bed with me trying to occupy the same space as me.  He's never had fireworks or noise phobia before but he has had issues with anxiety since losing Gerani.  That must be his way of mourning her.  Just going to suck next year.

Anyway, happy Independence Day!  Hope you all had great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment