Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jonas, Over the Rainbow Bridge

Before Vallie, before Gerani, I had a CCI dog named Jonas. He was a gorgeous gentle giant of a black lab. I was a young girl looking for something and I found my path with Jonas and the dogs that followed him. Jonas was with me about a year before he was dropped from the program. I gave him to the vet student that operated on his hips (severe hip dysplasia). She moved to New Mexico and he went to work with her in her practice every day for 14 years. He was well loved by that family and I will never regret giving him to her. I received a letter today that my big black boy passed away. The last of my CCI dogs has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Run free, Jonas. You were so loved and I'll cry for you.



When I am able, I'll send a card to Jessica, Jonas' mom.  I just find myself hurting and unable to do so at the moment.  This has been a hard couple of months for that.  Hearing this has brought up just how much I miss Gerani still.  I still wake up some mornings and call for her.  Maybe she's been visiting me in my sleep those nights.

Hopefully Vallie, Gerani and Jonas are all romping around in heaven having the time of their lives.  I hope they check in on me from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment