Friday, October 4, 2013

Reconnecting with friends

Here's the thing about life, there is no last chance.  It seems like it sometimes but really, there's always another path to take.

In high school I had two best friends that I loved more than anything.  After high school things didn't turn out the way we all thought.  Falling out happens.  Mistakes happen.  A lot of growing up happened.

I've just reconnected with those friends almost ten years after high school.  We are different people but it's nice to have the relationships back that once meant so much to me.

Sarah moved back to the Springs after some time in Greeley.  She's got some stuff going on but I'm really glad she's back.  I have so many memories with her in them.  When we were teenagers, she was the most important person to me.  We've both grown up a lot and developed into different people but I'm glad she's back.  It looks like she'll be around for a while and I'm actually glad about that.  I think that she can do a lot of healing and growing here.  Plus I get to hang out with her again.  I'm excited about that.

Sean just got out of prison.  He was there for some stupid stupid mistakes that he made.  Obviously he's had some trials and tribulations in his life that have separated us.  However there is something about him I love.  He gets me.  I don't have to say much and he gets me.  Plus he's a whole hell of a lot of fun.  I'm a little bummed that he's living in Denver because it means I won't get to see him very often because I'm so busy.  But I think that is the place that he needs to be.  I really really hope he can get things under control so that he can stay in my life instead of going back to prison.

Two people that are in so many of my memories growing up are back.  They share in a lot of the moments that made me who I am.  I have learned a lot from them together and separate.  It just goes to show that you don't just walk a straight path all of the time.  We all have paths that weave together.  Just because our paths aren't together at the moment, doesn't mean that person won't come back into your life.

People change.  So do friendships.  That doesn't mean you count them out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment