Thursday, January 23, 2014

Zexy Motorcycle!

Life has been happening.  I had a great conversation with my sister the other day about life in general.  Whenever I need to shine light on things in my life and figure stuff out I just need to talk to my sister.  She's so good at helping me see things better so I don't talk myself in circles and get wrapped up in the crazy.  What do people do without sisters like her?  It must make life a lot harder.

I was talking about how in the past six months my life has changed so much.  I feel like I'm coming into my own skin and becoming someone I really want to be.  I'm comfortable with myself and I love that.  That does mean I have to get used to my priorities changing.  For a long time my priority has been work.  Just work work work.  Now I want other things in my life.  I want to enjoy free time and do things that make life worth living.  Working all the time isn't it.  Especially now that I have someone in my life that I WANT to spend time with.  I want to make plans and have extra time to relax with him.  I have to make changes to get that.  I have to let go of some things, which I am not good at.

Remember Allison: 

I need to look at that everyday when I feel my resolve to move on weakening.
Anyway, Jake has a motorcycle.  His other girl is quite a beauty.
Oh yeah, look at that sexy thing.  He looks good riding it too.  I've always wanted to ride one so Jake took me out last week and bought me a helmet.  Isn't he sweet?  So now I get to ride around with him.  It isn't exactly comfortable for the long haul but man is it fun.  I thought I would be scared at first but it was a lot of fun as long as I'm hanging on.  I trust that Jake won't kill me as long as I don't lean too far or something.  It will be even better as we work out a system to communicate to each other.  It would be nice to know when a turn or bump is coming up.  Look for us to be zipping around town as it gets warmer and warmer.

So it is a lot of fun but it isn't exactly comfortable as you may assume.  I have to crouch and hold on with my thighs.  Man my thighs and hips were sore after that.  Ow.  I'm going to have to do some stretching and more running to get in shape to ride with him long term.  Which I can't wait to do as we're thinking a road trip may be needed in the future.  Eeee!  Too much fun.

I've had way too many bumps on the head in my past so it is good that I now have a helmet.  I wouldn't ride without one anyway.  I do have to decorate it though because the size that fit me best only came in mat black.  Which is fine.  Maybe I'll put some white lightening on it or something haha.  Or maybe a dog!  Jake would love that.  After that I need to get one of those armored jackets so if we take a spill I don't leave my skin all over the pavement. I do like my skin where it is.

I can't wait to ride around more with him!  One thing to look forward to for summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment