Sunday, May 3, 2015

Catch Up Wedding stuff

I should remember to write in this but I am just so gosh darn busy in life.  You know me, can't have a moment to myself.  And when I do, I like to unwind in other ways.  Need to get back into the habit.  I need to get back into the habit of a lot of things like exercise and eating right.  *Sigh*

So wedding planning is coming along.  I never thought that it was so much work to plan a wedding.  I mean, I knew it was in the abstract but actually doing it is a little harder.  Especially when you're not overly invested.  I want a nice wedding but I'm not high matenance enough to be that overly worked up about it.  We have most everything that we need like the photographer and catering.

Now that those are out of the way I am looking forward to doing the little things like figuring out my center pieces, music, gifts, and my Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.  Those are the things about the wedding that I am looking forward to, the little details.  For example, I want to do a guestbook that is a little different.  Here are some ideas:


A type writer where guests can write a little note.
A Poleriod camera so they can accompany their well wishes with a picture.
Wooden hearts that I can put together into a collage later.

Those would be so much cooler than a boring over traditional book.  I don't want the boring old traditional wedding so I love planning the little things that are different.

For my Something Old I think I am going to carry my great grandmother's handkerchief with my bouquet just like my sister did.  For Something New, I have no idea.  Maybe I'll just use my dress as my something new.  Something Borrowed will probably be earrings from either my mother or my sister.  Something blue I think would be nice to do a safety pin with something blue from each of my bridesmaids included on it.  I am not sure that any of them will do that but I think it would be cool.  Either that or a blue heart sewed into my dress.

I picked my color scheme.
I am going to use the teal color, the light green color, and the lavender color to match the flowers.  I also think that I am going to add in a charcoal color.  Either that or the cream.

I need to find a DJ still though.  I hope people at my wedding do get up and dance and have a good time so that is important to me.  The most important thing is the pictures for me.  I got a photographer that is good at the captured moments.  I think those little captured moments are cuter and more beautiful than the planned shots.  I'll do those because those are important to my mom but other than that I want more of the moments that are small and real captured.

Anyway, I have other things I need to update about so I'll end this one.

1 comment:

  1. I will defiantly give you a blue pin! :) Also, another idea for pictures, there's an app that people can download and take pics for your wedding and it goes into a group of pics. I'll figure out what the app is.

    ReplyDelete