Monday, December 31, 2012

Adios 2012

Happy New Year!
Almost...

I don't really understand the whole celebrating a new year quite so much.  I mean, whoever came up with this calender just picked this as the end and tomorrow as the beginning.  Really it's just another day.  I guess people need structure to view the world and their lives.

I'm also not huge into New Years resolutions.  No one keeps them so why bother.  But of course then again it is good to analyze your life and see what you would like to change.  You should be doing that all year around but again, people need a reason to step back and look at themselves.  It's just too hard to be expected to do that every day.  Cynical?  Probably.

Alright alright alright...  I'll stop being cynical for a moment and take some time to reflect on the past year.  Been a strange one.  Lots of changes but mostly exhausting.  Maybe that's causing my cynical attitude.  I left LD.  That was a good change.  I finally held myself responsible for being miserable there and did something to change it.  Although the job I have no is pretty dull and not close to my heart, I am very grateful to have one.  The health insurance has been good too.  I got certified as a trainer.  I feel wonderful about that.  Lots of hard work went into that and I really felt Vallie looking over my shoulder on that one.  Thanks girl!  And I bought a house.  Granted that is as much a nightmare as it is a blessing at this point.  Mostly because I hate remodeling and it's hard for me to see past that.  It was a lot more work than I thought it was going to be.  Of course, when it is finished and I actually get to live there I'll be much more grateful.  Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.  Yeah I need to devote more time and energy to it.

When looking back on the last year it is hard for me to see past the last couple months.  I have been exhausted and extremely unorganized these past couple of months.  I think it is clouding my outlook on the whole year.  I've had time off that I was supposed to use to get refocused and organized but that didn't happen, of course.  I did a lot of sitting on my ass and sleeping.  Instead of making more rejuvenated it has made me more exhausted.  Not a good thing really.

So I guess if I'm pressed I'll make these "resolutions":
  • Stop being lazy and do what needs to be done.
  • Finish the remodel.
  • Exercise!
We'll see.  I hope 2013 is another year I can look back on and see some things I'm proud of.


Anywho, will be trucking off to a party with some friends tonight.  Game nights are always much appreciated and fun.  Made some snacks and jello shots.  Should be fun.

Goodbye 2012, I knew thee well!

No comments:

Post a Comment