Monday, December 3, 2012

Many wonderings

I haven't been doing a whole lot lately other than working and working on my house.  We're trying to get it up to snuff before an inspection on Monday of the construction loan.  Let's see, the heat went in and they were able to get a furnace in downstairs and run ducts up to the ceiling.  We need to enclose those ducks but I'm glad that they were able to get vents in.  Painting is ongoing.  The blue trim on the house is now becoming dark green.  I love it!  Can't wait for that to be done.  The new windows are in and the plumbing is mostly done.  I need to get some pictures and post them.  I just haven't gotten around to that.  A house down the street sold for almost double what I paid for mine so that's good to know.  If I can get this all fixed up and nice I should be able to make some money off of it.  That's not the point but that's good to know for sure.

In other news my phone stopped taking a charge and died.  Then one night it half charged so I spent the weekend jealously guarding my phone battery.  It always seems when suddenly you aren't able to use something like your phone, all of the sudden you need to make all these phone calls and check your email.  Being disconnected sucks.  What sucks more is when you lay down several hundred dollars for insurance and then when you go to use it you're told you don't have any insurance on your account.  Such bullshit because I did buy it and found the receipt to prove it.  Anyway, so I called them to say I needed another phone on Thursday I think it was and the guy told me that I could either spend several hundred dollars for another phone, be out of luck until April when I get my upgrade or buy a phone on eBay.  Talk about good customer service.  So Friday I called again and I was very pissed.  The guy explained to me that Verizon contracts insurance out to other companies so that there was no way for him to get to the insurance that I had purchased so I would have to contact the other company.  Then he couldn't tell me what that company was.  That's when I got mad and pretty much told him that it was their responsibility to honor any insurance that they sell in their store.  He folded like paper and sent me a phone for no charge.  I was so angry at them.  They just try to cheat people.  Anyone not paying attention would have been screwed there.  And for those of us who don't have any other phone besides the cell phone, it's not like we can go much longer than a couple of days without that phone.

The new phone came when I was at home for lunch but of course it takes forever to get a new phone organized the way you like it.  Now suddenly my Simcard isn't reading properly in the new phone so after work I am going to go in and make them fix it.  And heaven forbid anyone is mean to me I still have a lot of pent up poor customer service rage so they better watch it.  Normally I am very nice to people in customer service because I know what it's like to deal with problem people who are just assholes regardless.  But when I feel like someone is trying to pull a fast one on me I get rather grumpy.

Top it off I got a flat on Saturday morning.  Luckily it was at home and my phone had just enough charge to call my brother-in-law to help me fix it.  Yes I know how to change a flat.  I just physically do not have the strength to do it.  So I had to take my car in to get the snow tires put on (wishful thinking probably) and get the flat tire patched up.  Sadly, that meant I couldn't go to the mountains and chop down my Christmas tree like my family always does.  I hated missing that tradition.  But my parents brought a tree back for me.  I haven't decorated it yet but when I do it will actually start feeling a little bit more like Christmas.

I love seeing Christmas lights everywhere.  It just makes me so happy.  Though I have to say I HATE the big inflatable decorations.  They are so ugly!  Please, just don't put a giant inflatable Santa in your yard because it just makes me want to pop it, which isn't very Christmasy of me.  I've been listening to Christmas carols as much as possible.  Bing Crosby is the king of Christmas if you ask me.  I'll probably decorate the tree with White Christmas playing.  I love everything Christmas.  Most of my shopping is done too so that's nice.  More time I can spend working on my house/

Anyway, that's a good post for now.  I keep meaning to post then other things get in the way.  Like sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment