Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day

Well life continues to trudge on.  Work continues to kick my ass all over the place but I am hanging in there.  I'm starting to focus on other things.  If I build up other places in my life I should be able to muddle through until I can figure everything out.  I just hope I don't burn out before I can iron out the wrinkles.

So this past weekend was Memorial Day.  Turned out to be a two day weekend for me, which NEVER happens.  That was nice.  I didn't get to sit around on my ass and do nothing though.  My little brother was here   from Ireland where he was studying abroad.  He was only here for two days and it was so good to see him.  I know he is in the stage where hanging out with his family is lame but I really enjoyed it.  He took off back to Washington for his job and his last year of school.  I wish he wasn't so far away.  So it was good to see him and have lots of family time.  I am very blessed to have the family that I do.  I love having them nearby.

It's also important for everyone to remember our troops on Memorial Day.  The whole trend that people don't care about being American's and don't respect the troops that give up everything to fight for what we enjoy in this country really pisses me off.  You don't have to love everything about being an American but guess what, that's a right you have in the USA that soldiers have died to defend.  I respect and appreciate our troops: past, present and future.  Thank you all for serving!

I want to share the video that was posted on Postsecret.com.  For those who don't know who Postsecret is, it is a community project where people send in secrets on postcards to one very lucky guy, Frank.  Frank put together this video of secrets from or about soldiers.


Other than that I've just been existing.  I am trying to catch up on things but it never seems to happen.  Such is life.  I'm always juggling 15 million things at a time.  Inevitably I drop one of the balls and that makes me feel like a failure some of the time.  I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm not Superwoman.  If I was I could manage all of this and get a decent night's sleep.  Can't have everything I guess.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment