Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th!

If you're the superstitious kind don't step on a crack in the sidewalk or let a black cat cross your path today.  I'm not really sure what started this superstition and honestly I can't say that I've ever had a horrible day on a Friday the 13th.  Valentine's Day is much more cursed.  And I have to say I've never been overly impressed by the movies.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre scared me much more.

Anyway, I don't anticipate having a bad day today.  So far so good.  Had a breakfast at the first job today then headed over to the second job for my last shift.  You have NO idea how excited I am.  Or maybe you do from my last post.  I was in a pretty dark place earlier this week but all that anger has really turned into relief.  I feel like a huge weight is being lifted off my shoulders and I can actually breathe again.  It has been SO long since I've truly felt relaxed and not stressed.  I'm pretty much always stressed and I have the knots in my shoulders to prove it.  I'm actually considering going out and getting a massage to start my "New Life" knot and stress free. 

I still have 4 hours left on this shift but I'm feeling pretty good.  Thank you to my sister and dad for really talking me off of a ledge earlier in the week when I was ready to sacrifice everything just to get away.  Thank you to the friends I do have at work, mostly the training friends, who have given me hope in people (even in the dark places you can find people with good hearts).  And I'm going to say thank you to myself for realizing I deserve better and taking a chance on that.

I feel like a breath of fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment