Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pet Peeves

Pet peeves, we all have them.  They irritate the crap out of us all in different ways.

Some of mine include:

  • People who drive under the speed limit.
  • People who drive with their blinker on and don't turn.
  • Noisy kids in movie theaters.
  • People who let their kids scream in public.  (My parents spanked me and I never threw a fit in public.)
  • People who sneeze and don't cover their mouths.
  • People who drive with their dogs in the bed if their trucks.
  • People who sniffle and don't blow their nose.
  • When people don't flush the toilet.
  • People who say, "Don't worry, my dog is friendly."
  • People who say. "Don't worry, dogs love me," and then do something stupid.
  • Smokers that toss their ashes and cigarette butt out the window of their cars.  (The world is not your ashtray.)
  • People who start drama just because.
  • People who type in ALL CAPS.  (Why are you screaming at me?)
  • People who type with indiscriminate caps.  tyPInG LiKe tHIs.  (What are you having a seizure?)
  • People who wait with their blinker on for a parking space before the other person is ready to pull out.
  • People who try to crush your hand when you shake theirs.
  • Leaving holiday decorations up months after that holiday.
  • Telemarketers that won't let you get a word in edgewise until you are forced to be rude and hang up on them.
  • Older people that call me "honey" or "dear" when they don't know me.
  • Bad grammar.
  • When there are construction cones blocking off lanes but no construction work being done.


Not pet peeves but my random dislikes:

  • Newspaper ink on my fingers.
  • Squishy fruit.
  • The sound of styrofoam rubbing on the side of a cardboard box.  (*Shutters*)
  • Dried toothpaste in the sink.
  • People who can't debate the reason behind their beliefs and viewpoints.  ("Because I'm right" is not an argument)
  • Mushrooms/olives/tomatoes.
  • Breaking one of my nails.  (I then have to bite them all off.)
  • When the sun is too low and I'm too short for the visor to do any good when I'm driving.
  • Chipped nail polish.
  • How it is impossible to open shrink wrap.



Okay okay so this post is starting to feel bitchy.  But if you don't admit there are little things that just drive you crazy then you're lying.  No one is a saint and we all have those pet peeves.  Just admit it.  Still, since I feel like I'm just complaining, my next post will be the random things that make me happy.  Keep the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment