Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Free time? What's that?

Things to do.  I've got a lot of them.  Updating my blog seems more fun though.

I went up to Denver this weekend to get a wood burning stove for my house.  Of course, as soon as I get home with the HUGE thing, I find out my aunt is offering me a free gas fireplace.  As much as I want the ambiance of wood burning, a gas fireplace would be more practical.  I wouldn't have to clean it and it would heat the house much better.  Problem is, can I get a gas line put there and can my family truck it to CO from St. Louis when they come to visit?  Dunno.  And of course I have this giant stove I just bought.  So... May resell that one and put in the gas if I can get the gas line put in.

Other house news:

I spent much of this weekend shopping for lighting fixtures.  My mom took me down to the Habitat for Humanity warehouse thing downtown and we got some nice light fixtures down there for a good price.  I got tired of looking at them quickly though, especially because I thought a lot of the lights there were incredibly ugly.  Lots of brass and I think brass looks tacky.  So does everyone else really because they're taking them out of their houses as they remodel.  But I got two fans so that each bedroom can have a ceiling fan and a pretty nice chandelier for the dining room.  Then I trucked off to Home Depot to buy the rest of the light fixtures I needed so that the electrician can finish up.  I am worn out on shopping for lights.  I can only do things like that for so long before I burn out and get to the point where I don't care anymore.  Not the best thing when remodeling a house.

The heat now works.  That means we will be able to work there after the sun goes down.  It was bloody cold in the house so very little work was getting done.  Now that the electricity should be squared away and the heat is on, it will be much easier to work.  Next I just need to get the fence done so I can bring the dogs over while working.  That will make everything easier.

I just want the thing to be done, as I keep saying.  Anyone up for pizza and painting may be taken up on it.


My time this week is pretty much spoken for so I won't get much time to work on the house.  I am working and training almost every night.  Then on Thursday going to Twilight with friends.  Then on Friday I have a rescue meeting then my firearms course starts that evening.  I am so excited for this because it has been a long time coming but man it is going to make for a very long weekend.  It is from Friday at 6am to midnight, Saturday 8am to 10pm, and Sunday 8am to 6pm.  Talk about a crash course.  After this though I'll buy a gun, maybe two.  I want to be able to carry it in my car and have another to keep at home.  That also means getting two solid and easy safes as I do believe in owning a gun in a responsible way.

So although I may not be around on here much this week I'm still plugging away at life.

No comments:

Post a Comment