Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo

Because I don't have anything else to do, I've decided to participate in National Novel Writing Month.  Basically your goal is to write 50,000 words in November.  The idea is to just free write and get your juices flowing and not edit yourself.  Once you write, you don't go back in touch it.  Which for writers is one of the hardest exercises you can put before them.

I've decided to participate because:
One- One of my best friends is doing it and I figure we can cheer each other on.
Two- I am a writer in my soul and I want to bring that more into my life.
Three- I seem to have this deep seated need to be incredibly busy.

I did it once in college and ended up with something that was pretty out there.  Granted I was battling pretty hard depression and insomnia at the time.  I'd like to make this a yearly thing.  It really is a great exercise.  I have lots of ideas of stories rattling around in my head and I need to get them on paper.  What better way?  I'm going into this with pretty much no preparation, just a will to write.  I think that's the most important thing anyway.  We'll see where the words take me.

Word count: 0

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment