Saturday, March 23, 2013

Six months later and... MOVED IN!

The house.  It is sea worthy!

We first saw this place and it was a wreck and I can tell you I was not happy about it.  I walked in, looked around, and said hell no.  I did not want it.  All I saw was a lot of work that I am largely useless for.  I did not want to bite off more than I could chew.  At that point, I was ready to live in my car and be done with it. But my parents talked me into it and I'm glad they did.

After lots of work, thank you Mom and Dad, this place as turned into a cute little house.  Bought it in October and finally got to move in.  It is far from done but again, sea worthy!

While I was shooting videos for my certification, my family got together and just moved my things into the house.  That was so kind of them.  Honestly, if I didn't know it already, I have the best family in the world.  Or they were just tired of me things cluttering up their house haha.  But now, I think that they are wonderful and selfless.  I'm a lucky girl.

I don't know if the house will ever be free of projects, that's kind of what you get when you buy a house that is over 120 years old.  But I've grown to love it.  I love the floors.  My mom did a wonderful job staining them a dark walnut color that is beautiful.

Once I've actually unpacked everything, which is a process that is also never ending, I will post more pictures of the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment