Thursday, April 25, 2013

Angel's Rest

I'm having a great time here.  Every last Thursday of the month, Best Friends has a ceremony at their cemetery, Angel's Rest, for the animals that have passed away at the sanctuary.

Angel's Rest has all these marking stones for graves, trees of wind chimes and nooks where people have placed treasured items from their pets that have gone over the Rainbow Bridge.

The ceremony was very sweet and I stayed after to walk through Angel's Rest.  Standing still, feeling the desert breeze in my hair and listening to hundreds of wind chimes was a beautiful experience.  I thought about Vallie and I felt her touch on me.  Such a magical place and I cried a little bit.  I have a prayer stone from there that I am going to bring home to put on her ashes.

She's always with me.






I definitely cried while reading this poem.  So beautiful and true.

Don't Weep for Me

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there
I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the mornings hush
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft star that shines at night
Do not stand by my grave and cry
I am not there
I did not die
-Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment