Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I don't want to do this!

Unpacking is such a bitch.  I'm usually pretty good and fast at it but this time around I am dragging my feet.  I think it's because I have Best Friends hanging over my head.  I know I am going to unpack this and get it just the way I want then I'm going to have to pack it all back up and move again.  I am just so sick of moving.  I haven't had a solid foundation of a home in a long time.  It is so frustrating.  I get easily overwhelmed and then stop unpacking.

I've had people ask me why I'm bothering in the first place.  Obviously those people have not spend a prolonged period of time living with clutter and boxes everywhere.  I can tell you that living out of random boxes is not cakewalk.  It stresses me out.  It stresses me out beyond what I can handle at the moment.  I don't like stress.  I don't do well with stress.  I generally like to have things organized and clean.  I haven't lived that way in about nine months.

I'm really ready for life to get back to normal but I fear it is going to be a while before I find my normal again.  I guess that's life huh?

On a lighter note, I have been making some kick ass meals recently.  I made this incredible salmon dish with asparagus.  I think that jumped to the top of my favorite dishes... and I don't even like asparagus.

So at least my kitchen is unpacked and mostly done.  Mostly... some.

Gah.

I should really get back to cleaning and unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment