Sunday, April 21, 2013

I find myself in Kanab

Happy birthday to me!

I spent most of it driving to Kanab today.  Crossed over the Colorado/Utah border and kept on trucking all the way to Southern Utah.  It's been interesting to drive so far and see the changes in landscape.  Give me an audiobook and a pretty drive any day.  It really has me thinking that my next vacation should be a long road trip somewhere.  I think that would be really fun.

Anyway, more shots of my drive:




Anyway I got in to Kanab pretty early, about 3pm today.  I am staying with a girl about my age, Meagan, who is new to Kanab and Best Friends.  She's got a nice little trailer house thing, three bedrooms, but it is just her and her dog Porkchop.  I chatted with her a bit.  She's a bit of a Lord of the Rings freak too so we'll get along just fine.  Sounds like she's a bit antisocial just like me so that helps too.  I then just spent a lot of time relaxing and staring at the wall.

I'm not really sure what to expect about tomorrow.  It's my first day at Best Friends.  In talking to Meagan she said there probably won't be a whole lot going on tomorrow short of the introductory kind of stuff.  I am looking forward to the tour and just getting to see this incredible place.  How lucky am I?  I get paid for two weeks to be here.  Might even get to stay here.  Very cool.

Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment