Saturday, April 20, 2013

Over the pass!

I drove to Grand Junction today.  I had hoped to leave earlier on my quest to Best Friends but one thing led to another and I didn't get out the door until about 3pm.  I was putting off leaving but now that I'm on my way I'm really excited.

The drive wasn't too bad except that it was snowing pretty good over the pass.  Not great weather but the roads were okay so it wasn't a huge problem.  Driving in snow over the mountains is just the sort of thing Colorado girls do right?

I haven't taken a road trip in a while.  Usually when we drive to St. Louis, I sleep almost the whole time.  I get in the car, or any moving vehicle, and immediately want to sleep.  It's like a travel coma.  But since I'm driving by myself I have to stay awake.  I thought I would get bored but I haven't been bored yet.  I am having a great time listening to books on tape and enjoying the scenery.

I did take some pictures.  I am talented enough to take pictures and drive but I can't promise the quality of picture.  I tried to get some good ones of the snow and mountains over the pass but they didn't come out very well.  I would have liked to get some of the big horned sheep as they ran across the highway like squirrels but that was a time when I was trying to focus on driving so I didn't hit them.  So instead I'll share some other ones.



I rolled into Grand Junction just as the sun was going down.  My sister was good enough to book this hotel for me.  It's not a great hotel but hey I'll only be here one night.  Free internet and a tv movie.  Can't complain.  There is a City Market across the street so I will go over there to get some coffee and breakfast in the morning.  I haven't had any fast food yet and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.

Tomorrow is my birthday but I'll also be arriving in Kanab, UT.  Exciting!  I really have no idea what to expect but I know this is going to be a great experience and I'm grateful to get to do this.

Well I shouldn't stay up late since I have another 6-7 hours of driving tomorrow.  Night all!  Thanks for the well wishes as I set out on this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment