Sunday, July 13, 2014

Puppy makes three... I mean four...

Depending on when you ask me, I either love having a puppy again or wonder why I wanted to do this again.  That answer is mostly dependent on how much I've slept.  Some nights Jeanine is a champion sleeper.  Other nights I want to choke her until she stops barking.  Good thing she's so cute huh?

I've really enjoyed her.  She's exactly what I want in a dog.  Good temperament, easy going, playful but also loves taking naps and chilling out.  Smart too.  Oh and it's weird to have a good natured dog again.  I don't have to worry about her biting anyone.  It's lovely not to be on my toes constantly scanning for children or stupid people who invade her space like I do with Whitman.

Speaking of Whitman, he's getting payback for being such a butt to Gerani.  He hates Jeanine.  I keep reminding him that Gerani hated him when I brought him home but they turned out to be fast friends.  I don't think he believes me.  At least he's transitioned from being openly hostile to either ignoring her or guarding things from her.  He's such a grouchy old man.  She was licking his face at work once and he did bite her for it, which I let happen because she needs to learn that's not going to fly.  I swear to God it was like the world was ending.  She screamed and ran and screamed and ran.  Eventually I actually checked her to make sure she wasn't hurt.  Whitman has great bite inhibition but you never know.  No, she wasn't hurt.  Just being very dramatic.

That hasn't changed the fact that she loves Whitman.  Someday he'll warm up to her and they'll play or snuggle and that will just be the cutest thing known to man.  Until that day she'll just have to be content with Shelby, Ryan's new puppy who is three days younger and looks like she could be Jeanine's littermate.  It's cute how much they love each other.  They play and play then nap together.  Very sweet.

I was a little worried about how Jake would take the puppy but he loves her.  And I mean loves her.  He talks to her in this cute little voice and she just lights up when he's around.  I swear I might as well be a part of the wall when Jake is around.  She's a daddy's girl for sure.

I know she's going to grow so fast but what I wouldn't give to keep her little like this forever.  Oh and whoever figures out how to bottle puppy smell is going to make a fortune.

Daddy's Girl! 
Champion Napper!

Trouble to the third degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment