Tuesday, July 8, 2014

West Coast!

Jake took me to Portland to meet his family.  Very exciting.  I missed a family reunion with the crazy Hastings clan, which is really too bad because I so love those crazy people, but it was worth it to spend some time with my honey and meet his family.

He's from Portland so we jetted that way.  His dad is very sweet.  I don't know why Jake was so worried about me meeting him.  Jake's friend, Jake, had me a little worried that his dad was all big and mean looking but I found him enjoyable.  Conversation was guns and dogs.  I can cover half of that with no trouble so I think it was just fine.  It was really nice of him to let us stay with him.

After a few days in Portland seeing the city and Jake's friends, we took off to Bend to see his sister.  I drove thank you because someone was a little hung over... a lot hung over.  We spend the 4th in Bend and it was really great.  I love his sister.  We could be friends just fine I think.  She's wonderful with Samuel, he was there a whole two weeks before us I think, which I really admire.  She has some horses so she took me riding which was wonderful.  I miss riding so much.  If I had the cash and the time I'd own horses.  My dream house has always been out a little from town with a pack of dogs and some horses, which is exactly what she has.  Jealous.

The 4th was great and we celebrated with some poppers and sparklers.  Great fun for all but it's especially fun watching kids enjoy those.  There's nothing like the joy and innocence of a child is there?  We watched the fireworks from far off and then hit the hey.  Can't ask for anything more.

Then we returned to Portland and had a full day to go hiking and play in a creek and see a waterfall.  That was the best part.  Warning: mush alert!  I have to say, I really felt like a little family.  I am more in love with Jake than ever.

PICTURE TIME!


Dashing!

Can't believe how much I look like my sister here...

I love water and green things!

Tough crowd...

Gone riding!

Aren't we cute?

Beautiful Oregon coast.


Panorama!


No comments:

Post a Comment