Sunday, August 10, 2014

10 Years Ago

This weekend was my 10 year high school reunion.  Wow.  I can't believe that ten years ago I was roaming the halls of Air Academy High School, unaware of the great big world around me.  Everything is so important and dramatic in your world when you're in high school, even when you try to be down to earth, that you really aren't aware of just how wide the world is and how unimportant your problems are.

I have to admit, that I liked high school.  There were some bad times yes but college turned out to be such a bust for me that I look back fondly on my high school years.  Nothing was too bad after all and I made it through.  I have been looking forward to my reunion for years.  I am not sure exactly what I expected, not really what I got, but I have been thinking about it for a while.  I just wondered where all these people where that I shared my growing pain years with and what they are doing.

There were three events this weekend but I only chose to go to one.  I kind of wish I had gone to the mixer event but decided just to go to the dinner at Phantom Canyon.  Honestly, I think they should have had it at the high school and just had one big event for everyone to come. A mixer at the high school would have been more fun.  Ah well... the food was really good.  And it was good to see who was there.  Some people were there who never spoke a word to me in high school but actually went out of their way to chat.  That was pretty nice.  Then were were people there who didn't talk to me in high school and ignored me at the dinner.  Whatever, I've long since grown past the point where I am quiet and care what people think of me.  Sarah and I had a great time talking and laughing regardless of who else was around.

Speaking of Sarah, I am so glad we fell back in together.  We've known each other forever and there was no one more important to me throughout high school than her.  Once a best friend, always a best friend.  That's true for us.

Sarah and I at the reunion.
Sarah and I many moons ago!
Group shot!

Oh and also I looked damn good.  That's always a plus.  Eat your heart out high school guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment