Monday, August 4, 2014

Waterworld!

Caitlin, Kathleen and I went to Waterworld today.  I've been trying to get a group together to go for a while now but no one ever seemed to want to.  Caitlin and I both had today off and yesterday we both just decided we wanted to go to Waterworld.  Kathleen came along and it turned out to be a really good day.  It was just the right temp, a little cold but warm enough that we didn't freeze.  Also it is Monday so there weren't that many people swarming about.  I don't like it when it is overcrowded but mostly you can expect it.  I think it is late enough in the season that everyone is in school and so not as many people out on a weekday.

Anyway, we always do Journey to the Center of the Earth first because it is my favorite and if you hurry over there isn't much of a line first thing.  I was really impressed with it.  It has the claim to fame that it has the longest vertical drop of any ride at a water park.  You have to lug a tube up a huge hill and then come flying down through tunnels filled with dinosaurs.  Although it is always a good time, I was really impressed that this year they spruced it up, gave it a little bit of a face lift.  The T-Rex was the best part.  Made him move and come out again to roar at the passing boats.  Very nice.

All in all it was a great day.  I really enjoyed catching up with Kathleen.  I hope things perk up for her soon.  I really want to bring Jake and Samuel out.  I know Samuel would have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment