Saturday, August 30, 2014

Glowing Balloons

I'm sad to say that this will be the last year that the Balloon Classic will be here in Colorado Springs.  I've been going to it since I was a kid and it makes me sad.  Hopefully they won't move it too far and we can still go to it.

Knowing this was going to be the last time, Jake and I got out to see the balloons glow tonight.  This was always my favorite part.  Seeing 30+ balloons light up at night with roaring flames is something everyone should see at least once.

We rode the bike out there, thank goodness because we got close parking and were able to zoom out pretty quickly.  The glow didn't last as long as it usually does because about half an hour in the winds picked up and all the balloons came down.  It was kind of funny actually.  Jake and I were walking through the balloons when they started to lean and "fall" down.  Some people really freaked out about that.  Mini freak out and running out of the way.  I found that kind of amusing.  I didn't freak out or run but there was a moment when there were several balloons coming down around us where I wasn't quite sure if we were going to get smooshed or not.  I was pretty sure that we'd live through it either way so no need to freak out.

For the time the balloons were up, it was beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment