Monday, October 27, 2014

Pumpkins Carved and Ready!

I was pretty happy to provide Samuel with is first pumpkin carving experience.  Every kid should carve a pumpkin; that's like a childhood Halloween right of passage!  So not only did I make sure we got Samuel to the pumpkin patch but we carved pumpkins.

We were going to carve pumpkins Sunday night and watch Hocus Pocus, which is traditional, but Samual had an episode of projectile vomiting.  So we curled up and watched Hocus Pocus without the pumpkins on Sunday.  Monday we got up early and carved away!  This is probably one of my favorite things to do in the Fall.  Halloween all around is one of my favorite things.

Here are the results:

Cleaning the pumpkin guts... a right of passage in itself.

I call him EDGER!

Just add candles...

Jake's

Samuel's (with my help)

Mine.  Edgar Alight!

Champion Pumpkin carver!


All in all I think it was good.  I am pretty happy with mine and pretty proud of Samuel's.  Nothing like a Halloween Jack-O-Lantern to get you in the spooky spirit!  I hope he had as much fun as I did.

Let's see some of my past pumpkin creations:

 Didn't do one last year because of the APDT Conference I was at.

2012

2011
2010

2009

2008

I like faces!  I like spooky faces!

Another fun thing I just found is Theo as a kitten in his Halloween costumes.



Back when I could safely put him in a costume without fear of reprisal...

HAPPY SOON TO BE HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment