Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome to October!

October is one of my favorite months.  It is crisp with fall, the leaves are well into their beautiful change, and we're gearing up for Halloween!

Lots of exciting things happening this October!  For me, I really hope October is the month of change.  There has been something in the works for a while that I haven't widely broadcasted because I needed to wait to give notice but now it is finally happening.  I am finally doing something that I've wanted to do for so long but I haven't had the courage to do it.

I am leaving Lucky Dog and going into business for myself!  It is about time I got out of a situation that has been so detrimental to my mental health and happiness.  I was just so afraid to do it.  I felt that if I wanted to train dogs I had to stay with Lucky Dog.  Maybe just fear of the unknown but it kept me in a situation that I don't have to suffer through anymore.

I have to finish my classes out there but after that, I'm done.  Amazing.

While I'm doing that I figured I'd just go ahead and change my body too.  I'm going to get my tattoo and I'm going to work out.  No really I am.  Okay so I know I say that and then it fades out because I'm rather lazy and like to be stationary, especially early in the morning.  But the girls at work and I are all on board.  Each of us is working out and eating better.  It's hard to eat well at work because there is so much fast food and crap around and it's so easy to go get for a fast lunch.  No more.  None of us are eating fast food.  In fact, all through October none of us are eating out at all.  I want to exercise more, eat right and lose some weight.  I don't really need to lose weight but I want to be healthy and fit.  I don't have to be an exercise nut, because let's face it, that won't happen.  But being healthy and fit would be wonderful.  Hiking 14ers next summer would be incredible.  So October is the month to begin.  I've already cut out soda, which was really hard.  Damn Mountain Dew Code Red for being so yummy and addictive.  But no more.  I haven't had a soda in over a month.  That's been hard but so worth it.  I still crave it but I've been strong.

So here's to October being an incredible month for me!  Yay Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment