Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Movin' right along

Well things have been moving right along.  No real complaints or observations either.  Work, sleep and work mostly. 

My brother is off doing training for the Air Force for two months so I have the house to myself.  It is rather nice.  Though it might be bad for me to live by myself because I am very comfortable home alone.  I would fall into the habit of being a home body and no one would ever see me.  Socialization is a good thing.  If I spout that in dog training then I really should practice it in my home life too huh. 

Anyway, I wasn't planning on it but brought Theo over.  I really missed him when he was living with my parents because my brother is allergic.  But now that my brother isn't there I needed my kitty back in my life.  He's such a little joy.  Whitman is so happy to have his brother back.  They are just absolutely hilarious when they play together.  I keep trying to get it on video but of course as soon as I grab my phone they stop.  Someday I'll get their boppit game on video and you'll all laugh.  I'm loving the nighttime snuggles too.  Neither Whitman or Gerani are huge snugglers so I'm glad to have Theo who likes to curl up with me at night.  Waking up to him purring makes me less grumpy.  Except when he's purring on my face.  That's not as much fun.

Work has been dull.  Even more so because I'm training someone.  So basically I just sit here and give directions every so often.  Yawn worthy.  However, now that I've trained several people I now don't have to worry about taking time off and such.  I also got to dictate my schedule a little.  So now I work through lunch and get off at 4 instead of 5.  I can't tell you how much it helps my moral to see the sun before it goes down.  So nice.  Work continues to be boring though.  Oh well.  Again, I'm glad to have a job.

The house... Ug. That sums up how I feel about the house.  It just seems to be one thing after another going on there.  I have a hard time seeing an end in all the remodeling.  That makes it hard for me to summon the energy to work on it in my already hectic schedule.  Which is not helpful in the slightest.  I just get really frustrated with all of of.  It is coming along, in thanks mostly to my mom and dad that are enjoying my home ownership more than I am I think.  I'll enjoy it when I can actually live in my own space again.  Sigh, sigh, triple sigh.  

I'm making small changes to life in the spirit of a new year, which is already a week and a half old, can you believe it?  One rule is I have to drink one bottle of water after my first cup of coffee in the morning if I want to have another.  This is a potentially deadly rule but not necessarily to me.  More to whatever unsuspecting soul approaches me too cheerily or too quickly on the mornings when I've only had one cup of coffee and am feeling resentful toward a world where this rule could exist.

The second rule is I am no longer allowed to spend money on soda.  I suspect this will be the hardest because my Mountain Dew Code Red cravings are my most potent.  But in the spirit of being healthier I need to cut the soda out.  Also will save me some money.  Doing this along with the water and coffee rule may make me seriously caffeine deprived though so approach me slowly and with no sudden movements when I look a little tired.

The third rule is I can only have fast food once a month. I'm not a huge fast food person to begin with but I do sometimes enjoy a large fry or a hamburger that I later regret.  I tend to eat fast food when I forget my lunch though.  So I've loaded up with healthy snack foods at work and the later lunch will probably help too.  And making smoothies in the morning makes it so I can last the day without being as hungry.

Fourth is only healthy snack foods at home too.  No more chips or cookies or whatever.  Instead I have healthier crackers and fruit.

And lastly I have to spend time outside everyday.  I want to walk my dogs more often. This means Whitman has to be less of a couch potato which he isn't thrilled about. Laziest dog ever.  Gerani needs to lose 5 pounds too.

So those are the changes I've come up with.  Hopefully they last more than two weeks.

Vents from the furnace to the ceiling.
Ripped out kitchen.
Living room.  Ripped out the left side there.

No comments:

Post a Comment