Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Only in the movies

I've been on a Grey's Anatomy kick lately.  I used to love the show before it got all weird and they started killing people off right and left, or so I hear.  Anyway, wanted to see if it was back to being good so I had to watch it from the beginning.

Anyway, I was just sitting here watching and I got to thinking about love stories.  I love movies or shows with good love stories.  And if there isn't a good one often times I'll make one up in my head.  I love good love stories.  In the movies...

In the movies no matter how messed up are you personally, someone loves you dearly.  That person finds all your quirks and hang ups endearing and they enrich your relationship instead of driving the other person absolutely crazy.  That person is your partner and absolute match.  In the movies you break up and everyone is incredibly hurt until someone makes a grand gesture.  Someone holds a boombox outside your window or builds a house out of candles.  Love conquers all.

I just don't know if those love stories exist outside of the movies.

I have many more cynical things to say but I don't feel like it.

Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment