Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Party!

I've had Christmas parties before but the WagNWash Christmas party really took the cake on fancy.  You wouldn't think that considering what type of store it is.  However, once you meet the owners you might expect something fancy from them.

Anyway, last night we all had to work so we decided that us girls were going to bring our things to work and start getting ready at the store.  The store was supposed to close at 5pm.  The bus to Denver (yes the party was in Denver even though there are more stores here.  Makes no sense.) left at 6pm and the party was to start at 7pm.  When you're a girl and you have a fancy party to get ready for you can't do that in a matter of minutes.  Think about it.  You get off at 5, go home which is about a 15 minute drive from both stores, then have to be back to catch the bus at 6.  That leaves about half an hour to get ready if you're lucky.

So us girls left Jeff in charge of the store as we went upstairs early and got ready.  Aimee and Ryan did my hair and makeup and I think it turned out pretty good.  Jake came, brownie points for him.  He looked DAMN fine but of course I forgot to get a picture of us.  I think that's his plan.  It's like pulling teeth to get a picture haha.

Jake drove us up to Denver since he didn't want to ride the bus, which I didn't mind much.  We got there early and hung out in the car for a bit.  Then we went in and man it was a fancy Italian restaurant.  There was a four course meal and it was very yummy.  I bet it all cost a fortune.  It was pretty nice for them to spend that much money on it.  It was a good time.  Course maybe they could do bigger bonuses instead but I guess a party is pretty nice too.  Drink tickets were nice too.

There was a kind of white elephant gift.  I bought a gift of chocolate, hot chocolate and a mug with a Santa hat.  I ended up with an ordainment, which I gave to Amanda, and $20 in ITunes gift cards.  I think I made out pretty will considering some people did not take to heart that there weren't supposed to be gag gifts or anything.

Overall, it was a nice time and I'm glad that I went.  I'm glad Jake came with me.  Yay the Christmas season!

Ryan and I at work before leaving.

The ladies!

Our crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment