Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It has been a busy Christmas so far.  This morning I had two petsitting appointments, one in blasted Black Forest which I regret agreeing to.  Then walking rescue dogs so I didn't get to my parents house before 10am.  It's funny that as a kid you are up at 5am even if you are banned from leaving your room until 6am but as an adult you just aren't that excited to rush into the living room that early.

As kids, we would either all sleep downstairs in one room or we would meet in one room early in the morning.  My parents did lay down the law that we weren't allowed out of that room until a certain time, probably about 7am but I don't remember.  When it was time, we'd creep upstairs, being VERY careful not to peek into the living room to see the tree.  We would tap on my parents' door and wait for them to shuffle out.  They would go to the living room and wait for us.  We would line up, youngest to oldest, which at the time was also shortest to tallest, and we would file into the living room.  I'm sure the sparkles in our eyes when we saw the tree and presents was pretty cute.  I can remember just how excited and thrilling that was.  Then we all take our seats after much admiring of the presents and the tree so that we could do our stockings first.  The best thing in the stocking, besides candy, was the ornament that we would get every year.  Then it was a present opening mania.  Then breakfast.

As adults, we didn't get to the presents until almost noon.  We wanted breakfast first and some of us had to go get eggnog and what not.  It is less of a mania when we open presents and more orderly.  Whoever is near the tree hands out some presents until we go through them all.

I got Dad a bird book, mom a camera, Caitlin a funny shirt, Jak a nerf gun, Geoff a set or weights and Riley a shirt.  I always like giving gifts rather than receiving them.  I got cash, some stuff for my kitchen and an air conditioning unit.  Oh and Jake, the little shit, gave me a Keurig machine.  He kept saying that gifts made him uncomfortable so I got him this funny apron for when he bbqs.  I thought we were just doing something small without pressure.  Then he gets me a Keurig machine!  Haha made me feel like an ass gift giver.  It was cute how he did it.  He had me open one box with the coffee servings in it.  I was like "...thanks..." all the while thinking 'good God I don't have a Keurig.  What am I going to do with these?'  Haha then he tells me that the other big box is for me too.  And I was like, "No you didn't..."  But he did.  What a sweet guy!  Even if he wrapped it like this:

What a sweetie!  I tell you what, I've hit the jackpot with him.




Speaking of Jake, he should be here soon so I am going to go nap before he comes and we play games.  Yay for Christmas nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment