Friday, October 12, 2012

I'm a home owner!

Finally!  It has been a long road.  I was just thinking about what I was doing a year ago and comparing it to where I am now.  I certainly wouldn't have guessed I'd own my own home.  Things change a lot in a year and we're not always aware that they are.  It's a strange thing.

At lunch today I signed my life away.  It was a huge stack of papers but it only too about half an hour to sign the whole thing.  Now that I own my own home you might think I understand what goes into purchasing a house but no, I still really have no idea.  I admit I relied heavily on my parents to figure it out for me.  I just signed the dotted lines.  Very adult of me I know but hey, it's complex.

So now a quaint two bedroom house is mine.  Granted I can't live in it until it is remodeled so it doesn't feel all that real at the moment.  Maybe when the remodel starts it will feel more real.  Or maybe when the remodel is finished.  Or maybe when I move in.  Or maybe when I've owned it for several years.  Or maybe when I'm ready to sell it will it finally sink in that I have a house.  Mine.  I could paint every inch of it black if I wanted to.

I am more excited about customizing it the way I want after my aunt's visit.  Seeing how excited she was made me excited too.  I can't wait for my wood burning stove and a cozy kitchen.  I didn't think those would be the two things that I would pick out.  Well yes to the stove but I didn't think I'd care as much about the kitchen.

I also can't wait to get the backyard perfect.  I'll have my fire pit set up and can you say smore roasting party?  YES!  And maybe a small garden where I can grow my own veggies.

... I really am much more domestic than I thought I was.  I guess that's not shocking considering I am such a home body.  I feel like pieces of me have just been waiting for this moment since I was independent enough to want it.  A place that was mine.  All mine.  Finally.

Going over there tonight so I'll take some pictures and post them.  We have to be sure to get the before and after pictures because I'm sure it will be quite a contrast.

Yay!  And you just know as soon as I get it all just perfect I'm having a party!  Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment