Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Flu Week

I don't feel like I should complain much about work because even on its worst day this place is so much better than what I have put up with in the past.  But I think this week is worthy of a complaint or two.

First of all, where do I work?  That is a very good question.  There are three businesses that I work for so it isn't confusing in the slightest.  One is a drug trial company.  One is a sleep behaviorist doctor.  And one is a sleep lab company.  I am the door keeper for those three companies.  The sleep lab is a little bit scattered and disorganized but they're figuring it out.  Normally everything runs pretty smoothly.  Although there are some things to complain about, I just have to remember my previous employment and then I find myself thanking my lucky stars.  Usually.

This week is Flu Week and it sucks.  The drug trial company is doing a massive flu study that I have been in charge of scheduling for.  It has been a nightmare to figure it all out and call people and there are so many restrictions on how you can schedule.  Blah.  Doesn't help that we're scheduling older people.  Some of them are lovely and charming.  Some of them come from the stock of old person that screams at kids on their lawn.

I'm not exactly having fun with it.  I have to be at work at 6:30am, which SUCKS!  I am not a morning person.  Mornings were invented to torture us slowly until we can get enough coffee into our systems to become human.  True I used to work earlier everyday but that was a while ago and I have very much happily settled into my later work schedule.  So I hate this.  It isn't as bad for me as it is for the coordinators who have to be here from 7am-7pm all this week.  But I still complain.  Just more quietly in their presence.  Then for the next two Sundays I have to work too.  That means no days off for me until the end of the month.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it and must refill my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment